To many of us, it is still a nightmare seeing our Windows PC perform poorly and facing sudden crashes. If you too are frightened even about the thought of it, you have landed at the correct place. This guide will walk you through the simple hacks that will help you learn how to free up RAM on Windows 10.
We all know that Windows uses its Random Access Memory stores to store all the temporary data and perform even the simplest of tasks. Since it is a crucial part of any Windows OS, it becomes necessary to optimize regularly, and hence one should know how to clear RAM on Windows 10 so that they do not face problems like abrupt crashing, poorly performing apps, etc.
RAM, What Is It?
Random Access Memory is an integral part of any Windows PC since it stores all the temporary data that is necessary to perform all the operations and processes. Since it stores the data, it frequently gets full and hence it takes longer to perform even simple tasks.
Therefore, to have an optimized and efficient functioning PC, you should free up RAM in Windows 10 regularly.
10 Best Ways to Free up RAM On Your Windows System
Let’s now see some of the simple yet effective hacks that will educate you on how to clear RAM in laptops or desktops.
1. Restart Your PC:
This should always be the first hack to free up RAM on your Windows PC. Rebooting a PC deletes all the data stored in RAM and the program gets rebooted. Rebooting the PC easily frees up RAM that was consumed by applications running in the background.
2. Software Updation:
An application tends to eat up more RAM storage space if it is not updated regularly and we continue using an older version of it. An old version of the application not only consumes more storage space on RAM but also performs poorly. Hence, regular application updation is recommended.
3. Use An Alternate Browser:
Another simple hack while learning how to clear RAM on Windows PC, is to try using an alternate browser. We all know that different browsers use different amounts of RAM, and hence if you are experiencing speed issues or your PC is performing sluggish, try to change the browser. It is recommended to use the latest browsers like Chrome or Firefox which are optimized for best performance.
4. Get Rid Of Unwanted Browser Extensions:
Browser Extension consumes RAm when installed, so make it a habit of removing unwanted browser extensions to free up RAM on Windows.
5. Clean Cache:
Cach stores the necessary data to perform functions, and easily occupies a huge amount of RAM that is not addressed regularly. Hence, deleting Cache regularly is another step you should know while learning how to clear RAM on Windows. For this you can use some pc cleaning software for windows.
6. Keep A Track Of Processes Using Task Manager:
Task manager is an essential tool in Windows System that keeps a track of all the running processes, the memory they consume so that you can easily manage them before the RAM runs out.
In our journey of knowing how to clear up RAM on Windows PC, this point plays an important part. Let us see how to locate and delete the process that consumes most memory:
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously.
- From the Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab.
- Click on the Memory heading to see how much RAM is consumed by which process.
- Look for the processes that use most RAM and delete them if not required or you can also click on End Process Tree to close the process and then launch it when required.
7. Keep A Track Of Startup Programs:
Startup programs are those that automatically start when the computer boots. Besides the essential system files and applications, there are third-party apps that run at startup without our knowledge and consume a huge amount of RAM.
To make Windows 10 RAM clean, it is necessary to disable the unwanted startup programs so that they can free up the RAM they were consuming unnecessarily.
To do so:
- Launch Task Manager and click on the Startup tab.
- Here click on the Startup Impact tab to organize the Startup apps in order from high to low RAM usage.
- Look for the unwanted applications, right-click on them and disable them to free up RAM on Windows PC.
8. Remove Unwanted Background Applications:
Most of the apps that we install are bound to run automatically in the background without our knowledge. These background programs waste precious RAM and make the PC slow. So, it is a good idea to remove these background apps while knowing how to clear RAM in a laptop or Windows PC.
To do so,
- Navigate to Computer Settings and look for the setting named Privacy, click on it.
- Post this, from the left panel locate the option named Background Apps and click on it.
- From the right panel, toggle off all the apps that you do not want to run in the background.
Doing so will not run the disabled application in the background and hence will release a substantial amount of RAM.
9. Uninstall Unwanted Applications:
We all stuff up our Windows PCs with innumerable applications not knowing their importance in later days. Knowing the kind of resources they consume, it is always a better idea to uninstall the unwanted application regularly and free up precious RAM on Windows PC.
To do so:
- Navigate to the Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features.
- Here look for the apps that are not required.
- Click on them and then Uninstall them by clicking on the Uninstall option.
10. Clean Malware/Spyware Infections:
Any computer when infected by malware or spyware infections consumes abnormally high RAM and can pose a negative impact. So, having a good anti-spyware/malware application installed on your Windows PC is a must when knowing how to clean up RAM on Windows.
So guys, to know how to free up RAM on your Windows system, use the easy hacks provided in the article and have a healthy and fast-performing PC.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!