If you are required to import EML files into Outlook, then you must know the best possible ways. In the upcoming sections of this article, we explain several methods that you can use to move the files into MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and others.
MS Outlook is a popular email client and its name is not unheard of to any user. It has established its name in the email exchange world and has become the number one choice of many users. It saves its data in the PST format which is the Outlook data file. If you are using any other email client whose default file type to save the emails is EML and you want to move it into Outlook, the best way would be to convert the EML file into Outlook PST.
There are many well-known manual methods to do so, but they all come with certain limitations or risks to your data. Therefore, we are going to talk about all the best possible ways to help you out.
How to Import EML Files into Outlook?
Let us first talk about the professional method. SysTools Software is the ultimate problem solver and is developed to convert EML files to PST which can then be moved into Outlook easily. You can import the files to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and others. It comes with many noteworthy features as discussed below:
- Import EML files into Outlook with attachments.
- Migrate multiple files at a time.
- Convert the EML files to Outlook & other formats.
- Option to preview the files in multiple view modes.
- Maintains on-disk hierarchy & structure.
- The SMTP header stays intact during the process.
- Option to split the resultant file into smaller parts.
- Feature to apply date filter to move selective files.
- Can import inline images along with the emails.
Working of the Process
- First, download the utility on your computer and launch it.
- Select the folder containing EML and EMLX files.
- On the next screen, select PST as the export option.
- Then, apply advanced settings as per your requirement.
- Browse a path to save the file and click on Export.
This process converts the EML files into Outlook data files. Now, to import them into Outlook, you must use its Import/Export wizard.
Method 2: Use Drag & Drop Approach
This method works when you have EML files saves separately on your desktop and have no EML-supported email application. To import EML files into Outlook, you have to simply drag the EML files into a new folder in Outlook.
The drawback of this method is its inability to import files in bulk. Also, attachments cannot be imported using this method making it highly undesirable by the users.
Method 3: Using Windows Live Mail
This method will require the installation of both Outlook and WLM on your device for importing EML files into Outlook.
- First, launch WLM, and click on the File tab.
- Click on the Export option & choose Email messages.
- Select MS Outlook as the export option and click on Next.
- Choose the email folders required and tap on OK.
Limitations of the Manual Methods
Sending multiple EML files at once is not allowed. Hence, it is mostly used for the migration of a few countable files only.
- Attachments and images cannot be sent using these approaches.
- It is a long process and hence consumes a lot of your time.
- The integrity of data and hierarchy are not maintained.
We discussed how to import EML files into Outlook in this article. As already stated, the manual methods are not very practical and always keep your data on the verge of getting damaged. To avoid any loss of data, it is advisable to go for automatic solutions that promise to perform the task responsibly.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!