In this article, we will explain how users can perform Office 365 data between tenants in business merger scenarios. If you are operating two or more Office 365 tenants then you definitely face difficulties to manage all users, it is a good idea to move all these users into a single tenant. At the same time question is arise on how to do this migration between Office 365 tenants. You do not need to worry we are here to resolve your issue.
But, before moving forward to perform mailbox migration between Office 365 tenants you have to know that the process is not an easy task. Currently, we cannot perform this task without the Migration tool. It is required to use third-party software because there no method provided by Microsoft.
How to Perform Migration between Office 365 Tenants
As we know third-party software is a must to do this task, but remember you need trusted software to do this job without any data loss. In such a situation, the SysTools tool for Office 365 to Office 365 migration is the best solution for you. It will install on your machine and you will perform this migration on your ends which means it is more secure compare to any others. It provides an easy graphical user interface which means you can easily operate the tool without the need for experts. A tool originally designed to make mailbox migration between Office 365 tenants easy for users. Let’s know the working procedure of the tool to perform mailbox migration between Office 365 tenants –
- First, download & install the tool.
- Start the software and select Office 365 as a source & as a destination.
- Now, select items (emails, contacts, calendars, documents) from the Workload Selection.
- On the same screen, you can apply Date Filter to migrate selected data. After applying options as per your requirement, click on Next.
- Now, enter source Office 365 Admin ID and Application ID, After that click on the Validate button.
- Once software validating click on Next.
- Enter destination Admin ID & Application ID, then click on the Validate button.
- After validating permissions click on Next.
- Now, create a mapping between source & destination users. To do this task tool provides three options – 1: Fetch Users, 2: Import Users, 3: Download Template.
- Now, you can see mapping is created successfully. Click on the Validate button to validating permissions.
- After validating permissions click on the Start button to migrate data.
Know Highlighted Features of The Office 365 Migration Tool
- Perform mailbox migration between Office 365 Tenants including emails, contacts, calendars, documents.
- Migrate Office 365 domain user’s data between tenants.
- Date-based filter for email, contact, calendar, document to migrate selective data.
- Delta migration facility to move newly arrived items.
- Account-based priority option to set the priority of account to migrate first.
- Import CSV option to create a mapping between source & destination users.
- Provides the option to set maximum concurrent users for migration.
Mailbox migration between Office 365 tenants needs to arise in organization merger and acquisition scenarios. But unavailability of the manual method makes this task complicated for users, so to make it easy we have explained a method in the above blog. It will defiantly helpful for the organizations that need to perform a migration between Office 365 tenants.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!