Photos are important – be it personal or professional. People save them on different storage devices, such as laptop, PC, pen drive, etc. Photos cannot be recreated, if you lose them.
In case you’ve lost photos from a laptop, there’s no need to worry as you can easily recover them by using manual approach and software approach i.e. using professional and powerful photo recovery software. However, let’s first look at the reasons that may result in the loss of photos from the laptop:
- Accidental Deletion: Photos could be deleted accidentally by the user or the user might realize after deleting the pictures that they’re important.
- Corruption: Viruses and malwares can intrude in the system and corrupt the photos, making them inaccessible.
- Power Outage: Power outage and power surges while the saving the photos can also result in deletion.
- Unintentional Formatting: Sometimes, you’ve accidentally formatted a drive, resulting in data loss including photos.
- Overwriting: By accident, there could be some data written over the already existing data. It means that the new photos replace the old ones.
How to recover photos from a laptop?
Here are a few methods that can help you recover lost photos from laptop:
Method 1: Recover from Recycle Bin
When photos are deleted, they straight away go into the Recycle Bin. You can recover such deleted pictures from the Recycle Bin.
Method 2: Restore from Previous Versions
In case the lost photos were not found in the Recycle Bin, you can restore them from the previous version. However, this is possible only if the file history option is enabled and configured on the laptop.
Method 3: Restore from Google Photos
You can try restoring the lost photos from Google Photos. However, this would work only when the photos were backed up on the Google Photos.
To recover lost photos from Google Photos, follow the given steps:
- Open photos.google.com in any web browser.
- On the top left corner, find the Menu and click on it, followed by selecting Trash.
- Select the pictures which are required to be recovered and click Done.
- Click the Restore button on the top right corner to finish the process.
Method 4: Restore Lost Photos by using Photo Recovery Software
In case the above mentioned methods failed, use Stellar Photo Recovery Software to restore lost pictures from the laptop. This professional data recovery software not only recovers deleted photos but also recovers audios and videos. It can also recover media files from any storage device, including memory cards, SDXC, SDHC, USB flash drives, CF cards, hard drives, CD/DVD, etc. Also, this effective photo recovery software can recover photos in all data loss situations, including corruption, formatting of drive, accidental deletion, etc.
Following are the steps to recover deleted photos by using the software:
- Download and install Stellar Photo Recovery Software on your system.
- Launch the software and Select the location from where deleted photos are required to be recovered.
- On the next screen, toggle Deep Scan and click on the Scan The software starts scanning for recoverable files in the given location.
- Once the scanning is complete, the software will display a list of all the recoverable files (photographs) found in the selected location. You can preview the photographs and then select the photographs which you want to recover.
- Click on the Recover button to recover the selected files.
- To finish the process, select a new location to save the recovered photographs and click on the Save button.
Some useful tips to prevent loss of photos
Data saved in terms of soft copy is bound to get lost without a warning. Hence, you should take care of the following things:
- Always keep two copies of pictures which are important.
- Always shut down the laptop properly to avoid corruption of data.
- Back up essential pictures in a separate hard disk drive.
- Google Photos could always be used for backing up photos and videos.
In this article, we have covered various methods to recover lost pictures from the laptop. If you didn’t find the deleted photos in Recycle Bin and Previous Versions or don’t have a backup on Google Photos, then you can rely on Stellar Photo Recovery Software. The software can surely help you to get back your lost pictures in minimum possible time. Also, ensure to take a backup of important files which can help in stressful times in future.