Earlier known as Peutronics, Tally was found in 1986 by a Father-son duo Shyam Sunder Goenka and Bharat Goenka. Since then, many versions have been launched in the series. The latest version of Tally is Tally Prime, which was launched in November 2020 and is an improved version of Tally ERP. With every version, Tally improves its features, and for the past 30 years, it has proved itself to be the best business software. The main functionality that the Tally software provides is accounting, payroll preparation, management of cost- center and many more business-related aspects.
Tally ERP9 was released as a business management tool in 2009. Tally ERP 9(6.6.3) is the last release of Tally ERP. After this, the latest release and update of Tally ERP 9 is Tally Prime.
But how are Tally Prime and Tally ERP 9 different? Which out of the two is better?
For this, let’s work out some of the features of both the software.
The key differences between Tally Prime and Tally ERP 9 are:
- Data can be accessed from any path or drive.
- Shortcut keys are global.
- ‘Go to’ Feature available for checking reports and files.
- Only the necessary details are needed to be filled up in Supplementary details.
- Invoices can be printed on single paper with proper optimization.
- To update any information, one can go to Transactions and click ‘More details’.
- Data can be accessed from the data path.
- Shortcut keys are Ctrl+Alt+C etc.
- No such feature available
- All the details are needed to be filled up in the Supplementary details.
- Invoices are printed on Multiple sheets
- Updation of any detail regarding the product requires going through all the items.
Except this, Tally Prime provides many cutting-edge services to the users to ensure smooth and flexible business operations. Some of the improvements and updates that have been incorporated in Tally Prime are:
- Ease of Usage: Tally Prime screen now has the Search bar from where one can have access to almost 90 percent of the options.
- Marking details feature: One can mark the files as permanent using this feature.
- Admin control and rights: The admin gets control over the usage of data. Admin can turn the session off in case there is remote access.
- Simple installation: Tally Prime has narrowed down its time and steps of installation. It can be done now in three easy steps, i.e., Download, Install, Start using within minutes.
- Use of Global Keys: Unlike Tally ERP9, Tally Prime enables usage of the Global Keys like Ctrl+C instead of Ctrl+Alt+C, and Ctrl+V instead of Ctrl+Alt+V for Copying and Pasting, respectively.
Hope this article helps you in understanding TallyPrime and difference between the Tally Prime and Tally ERP. To know more or buy tally online kindly reach to Tally partner in India