In this section of the blog, we will be discussing how a user can migrate Thunderbird contacts to Outlook.
Outlook is the most popular mail application with both web and desktop clients. Many users are exporting their data from existing emails clients to MS Outlook because it gives a user-friendly and alluring interface that makes it different from other emails services. It contains the largest section in emails services therefore users are migrating Thunderbird data into Outlook.
Now, if a user wants to convert Thunderbird contacts to Outlook then it is quite a challenging task for the non-technical users. In the section below we will discuss why users prefer Outlook over Thunderbird.
Reasons to Migrate Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook
- Some users will find the Thunderbird program not interesting.
- In terms of features and performance Outlook has much better functioning than Thunderbird
- Users can able to configure multiple accounts in Outlook
- Also, Outlook is a little flexible and gives users’ personal information with ease.
- Outlook is more popular than Thunderbird.
Here comes the question: It is a very challenging part while transferring the contacts and emails from Thunderbird because no user would want to lose their essential contacts.
Now, we will elaborate on the Best Ways To Migrate Thunderbird address book to Outlook.
Native Solution To Transfer Thunderbird Contacts To Outlook
Follow the 2 steps solution, and you are able to convert Thunderbird contacts into outlook
Step 1: Transfer Contacts into CSV File Format
To transfer Thunderbird contacts into CSV File formats, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Mozilla Thunderbird Program in the system
- Click on the Address Book in the Menu Bar
- Now, select the contacts you want to convert into CSV format
- Hit on Tool Tab, and click on Export
- Here, a user has to select the destination path to save and select the .csv as save type.
- Hit on Save Button
Step 2: Steps to Import .CSV File to Microsoft Outlook
Here are the steps to import CSV files into MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and other below versions:
- Open Microsoft Outlook Application
- Click on File Tab
- On the left pane, click on Open And export
- Select the Import/Export
- Now, Select the import from another program or file. Hit on, “Next”
- Select on (Comma Separated Value) from the list
- Click on the Browse button and then select the .csv folder which you want to import.
- Choose the folder in which you migrate your Thunderbird contacts to Outlook
- The process starts and waits until it gets completed.
Follow the steps to import Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook manually. While implementing the steps, keep the drawbacks offered in mind because this process is a little annoying and time consuming. Users can use an alternative automated solution by SysTools MAB Converter to convert Thunderbird to outlook.
Transfer Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook – Get Guaranteed Results
As Thunderbird stores the contacts in MAB File. It creates four Types of MAB Files in the back-end.
- abook.mab: This type of file format only contains the personal address book. Only those contacts that the user added to their Thunderbird
- history.mab: The other name for this is Collected Addresses. It keeps the track of all the contacts & addresses in a consolidated manner.
- impab.mab: In this type, only the imported contacts are stored in Thunderbird.
- SQLite: This File Format is created in 78.0 and the later versions of Thunderbird
Steps to Convert Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook
- Open and launch the MAB Converter.
- On the right pane of the tool, click Add File
- Here the application will give you three options: (1) File (2) Folder and (3) Auto Detect folder storage location (your MAB file will automatically be detected) choose your preference
- Hit on, Browse button and click on “Open”
- Later, the scanning process is successfully done and appears on the screen.
- On the right pane of the screen, the added files will show
- Now, click Export on the menu bar
- After clicking “Export Button” select the option “PST”
- Select the destination Path where your .pst file will be saved. You can also choose to create a single PST file and click on “Export”
- Hit on, Save Button if you want to save your export report
- Now you can view your converted files.
In the above blog, we have elaborated on how the user can migrate Thunderbird contacts to Outlook by giving two solutions. One is the manual solution which is very confusing while performing steps and the other is a computerized solution that is MAB Converter which is easy to use. It is an error-free and a handy solution to convert Thunderbird address book into Outlook PST format.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!