This guide contains information about the Netgear Genie app, Netgear Genie login, Nighthawk app, router login with the help of a browser, resetting the router, and the benefits of using the Nighthawk app.
You can use the Netgear Genie app to set up, configure and monitor your router. Genie lets you use your router wifi password, SSID username, create a guest network, and set up the parental control. Also, you can set up advanced configurations such as Mac filtration and IP blacklisting with the Genie app. Mac filtration and IP blacklisting features can prevent the selected users from accessing your router network.
You can download the Netgear Genie app from almost every major app store, but if the app is not available in any prominent app store, you can also use the Netgear Nighthawk app. Netgear also powers the Nighthawk app for its users. Also, it has more features comparatively than the Genie app.
Netgear Genie Login to your router with the help of the Genie app-
Netgear Genie Login lets you monitor your router in a hassle-free way. If you have installed the Genie app, you can monitor all of your Netgear devices on it. After installing the Genie app on your device, you can follow the given steps to login into the admin panel of your router-
- Firstly, connect your device to the router network. You can use either an Ethernet cable or wifi connection to connect to the network.
- Secondly, launch the Netgear Genie app.
- Now, enter your admin password and username. If you’re a new user, use the default login details.
- Then, hit the login button.
Netgear Nighthawk app-
The Nighthawk app is a replacement for the Netgear Genie app. Netgear doesn’t provide any updates for the Genie app now. So, users can encounter technical glitches with the Genie app. Instead of using the Genie app, you should use the Nighthawk app to avoid any trouble. Nighthawk app lets you configure, monitor, and troubleshoot your router easily. You can find the app on any app store, such as Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Amazon App Store. Also, the app is compatible with every device like laptop, desktop, and mobile.
You can follow these steps to log in to your router after installing the Nighthawk app-
- First, open the app on your device.
- Then, enter your login details, such as admin username and password. Use the default login details if you’re a new user.
- Now, hit the login button.
An alternative way to login into the router admin portal-
You can also use a web browser to log in to your router. With this method, you can avoid using the Netgear app. But only prefer using this method if you have an error with the app.
- First, connect your device to the router network. Then, use the network credentials to connect to the network. But if you can’t access the network credentials, you can use an ethernet cable to bypass the network credentials.
- Next, launch a web browser on your device and then type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- The admin login portal displays.
- Then, enter your admin login details and press the login button.
Resetting your router-
You can reset your router in case of failed login attempts. For example, incorrect login details, hacker attacks, or network issues can result in a failed login. But, if you reset your router, all the configurations will be erased from your router’s memory. So, you have to set up your router and do all the configuration again.
Follow these steps to reset your router-
- To begin with, the reset process, locate the reset button on your router.
- Next, hold it for 20 to 30 seconds for the complete reset of the router.
- Then, release it.
- Now, the router restarts itself to erase all the previous configurations.
- After that, your router is back to its default settings. You can reconfigure your router using its default log-in details.
Benefits of using the Nighthawk app-
- The Nighthawk App lets you monitor your home network remotely. You can control the router network from anywhere. For example, if the security cameras of your house are connected to the router network, you can start and shut them down remotely.
- Also, you can set up Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands to control the router network.
- One of the most advanced and commandable features of the Nighthawk app is that you can control multiple devices with the help of this app. So whether you want to control cameras, doorbells, hubs, and routers, you can do this freely with the app.
- In addition, you can update your router’s firmware with the app.
- You can pause the internet when needed.
- Netgear Nighthawk provides the speed tests for your network. You can run these speed tests to check the downloading speed of your router network.
- Setting up any additional devices on your network is easy with the app.
- The parental control feature can add an additional layer of security to the network for your kids.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!