Techrika | In this advanced period, the cases of hacking, assaults, ransomware, and different issues have expanded. So, keeping a backup copy of all online information has become a need. The same remains constant for messages in webmail accounts. So, in this article, we will relate one such webmail service i.e., Hotmail, and answer a query i.e. How to move emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive?
Hotmail (presently known as Outlook.com) has consistently stayed at the bleeding edge of webmail services. It has encountered different high points and low points but still its commencement actually keeping a userbase numbered in millions.
Yet, much the same as some other web access, Hotmail clients are likewise helpless to hacking cases. There have been various such occurrences where clients have lost their whole Hotmail data in a moment.
Accordingly, keeping a copy of Hotmail data in the local machine has now become a need. Therefore, read this blog completely to know the process of moving emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive / Computer.
Instant Solution – Download and Run the tool mentioned below and move all your emails in bulk from your Hotmail account to your Hard Drive. The tool is the best and instant solution to download emails.
Manual Method to Move Emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive
There is no direct and in-build method to move Hotmail emails but a certain stepwise method can help users to export emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive. Follow the steps mentioned below to save emails from Hotmail.
First, check whether the browser giving you a direct option to move emails from Hotmail. To check, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Hotmail in any browser and log in to your account.
- Navigate to File >> Save As in the email message source.
- Rename the file by .eml extension for example (message.eml).
- Initially, the browser gives the option to save in .html file format so change this to .eml type.
- Click on Save to continue the process to move emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive.
What if your browser does not provide you the option to directly save emails? No need to worry, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open Hotmail and login to your account.
- Now, click and open the email you want to backup.
- Under Message Header, click on the down arrow.
- Here, click on the View Message Source option.
- Select and copy the entire text from the Source Message.
- Now, open a text editor such as Notepad.
- Here, paste all the copied code and save the text file with .eml file type.
Finally, you have exported the emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive using the manual method. But, the limitation of this method is you cannot save all the properties of emails. Also, if you have to move multiple emails from Hotmail then it would take a lot of time and effort.
Therefore, to overcome these limitations, we suggest you use the automated solution to forward emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive.
Automated Method to Move Emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive
Mailbakup Hotmail Backup Wizard. This tool is an advanced tool that can help you to backup emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive in multiple file formats. This tool also supports multiple features that we will discuss in upcoming sections.
So, if you need to move emails in bulk or you have to move all folders from your Hotmail account. Then, this tool will do this for you in a couple of minutes. Additionally, this tool is a verified tool and tested by experts and the result is this tool will definitely give you the exact outcome that you are looking for.
Now, to know the working and features of this amazing tool, read the upcoming sections carefully.
Easy Steps to Move Hotmail Emails Using this Tool
- Download and launch the tool on your computer.
- Enter the details of your account in the field.
- Now, select the file format as per need.
- Click on the Browse button and set the location.
- Finally, click Start to move emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive.
Best Features of This Amazing Tool
- The tool gives you the option to delete emails from the server after backup.
- Users can backup emails in multiple file formats; PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, and PDF.
- Incremental Backup to skip previously downloaded emails and backup new emails.
- Apply Filters option to save selective emails from Hotmail Account.
- Date Filter feature to save emails from the specific date ranges.
- This tool is globally available as it supports multiple languages.
- Option to save emails at the desired location by using the Browse option.
This blog is for the users who are looking for solutions to move emails from Hotmail to Hard Drive. In this blog, we have mentioned the two best methods to backup emails from a Hotmail account. But the first manual method has some limitations. Using the manual method you cannot export emails from Hotmail in bulk. Also, the manual method only supports the option to save emails in EML file format but if you need to export emails in other file formats then this method does now work.
Thus, the best way to transfer emails from a Hotmail account to Hard Drive, we suggest you use the automated method i.e. by using a third-party tool. The automated method is the best way and provides you the option to save emails in multiple file formats and also you can move emails in bulk from Hotmail to Hard Drive. So, we recommend going for an automated solution.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!