The process to extract contacts from PST file without Outlook is often asked by users. The PST file is an Outlook data file which stores all data items up to 2 GB of data including contacts. It is generated by MS Outlook for Windows and is limited to very few platforms which makes it highly inflexible to import to another application. In case you wish to migrate its data, you have no other option left but to convert it into the relevant and preferred file type.
Since a PST file is not accepted easily, it is not very convenient to simply convert it into another file format manually. If you need to extract contacts from PST file without Outlook, you will have to use some advanced processes.
“Hi! I am an Outlook user but currently facing some technical issues and hence unable to use it. I am supposed to transfer my contacts from Outlook to another platform and also have to share them with my Manager. How can I extract its data without using Outlook since it is not working.”
How to Extract Contacts from PST File Without Outlook?
The best way to do this is to use software specifically targeted for such problems. As you know, the PST file is not versatile with many tools, the only solution that you have is to download the Outlook contacts to vCard converter software that provides multiple features such as:
- Extract contacts from PST into multiple formats.
- Automatically detect the location of PST files in your system.
- Preview attributes of the PST contacts in the software interface.
- Extract selective contacts from the PST files.
- Can process orphaned, corrupted, password-protected files.
- Maps the custom fields of contact files on its own.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy and structure of contacts.
- Supports PST files from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, & others.
Steps to Extract Contacts from PST File without Outlook
- First of all, you must download the Pcvita software mentioned above. Then, install it and run it on your system.
- Now, click on the Add File button to load the PST contacts from their location. You can also choose the “Auto-detect folder storage location” to let the software automatically pick your PST file for you.
- Click on the Add button and the tool will now scan the files before it adds them to the tool. Here, you can preview all the details of your PST contacts that you are planning to extract.
- You can decide here which contact file you wish to export and choose the option of “Export Selected” as per the need.
- This will take you to the next screen where you can easily extract contacts from PST file without Outlook. You can select an option out of vCard, WAB, Google, & Yahoo contacts, PST, PDF, CSV, MSG, HTML as you require.
- Apply advanced settings and browse the location to save your resultant file. At last, hit the Export button to begin the extraction process.
Some of the users look for a manual method to extract contacts from PST file without Outlook. You don’t have many options to move your PST file into and then extract its contacts. The address book is one of the most important sets of information for any person, professional, or business. It is not a hyper exaggeration if we say: a lost contact is a lost opportunity. In today’s digital era, the address book is given the utmost importance since quite a lot of work is handled online these days. Therefore, it is wise to go for this advanced method.
This article very well describes the method to extract contacts from PST file without Outlook. Gone are the days when you had to fix up your Outlook or create an account in it just to access the PST files. You can easily follow this article and get your desired results in just a few minutes. This blog helps you with PST files created by Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc. The data integrity is well maintained with complete security.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!