Tech Giant Google recently rebranded G Suite as Google Workspace with a new integrated experience and new plans to suit businesses of all sizes and for all industries. Google Workspace brings some great features that bring together all the collaboration, communication, and productivity tools to delivers a fully-integrated experience to help users work together, wherever they are.
After Microsoft 365, Google’s collaboration and productivity tools continue to be the first choice for business and billions of users whether they’re doing work from home or from the office.
Every business needs tools around the world tools and software for employees, customers, and partners to communicate, collaborate, connect, and get things done remotely. Collaboration and communication at a distance is now part of our daily lives.
Google Cloud has been working on technology that helps teams work together, faster, and smarter. To achieve its vision and deliver flexibility and simplicity, Google just launched Google Workspace formerly known as G Suite.
What is Google Workspace?
Google has rebranded G Suite to Google Workspace.
Google Workspace is the cloud-based productivity and collaboration solution every business needs to get work done, now in one place. It’s one of the best business tools to create, communicate, and collaborate.
Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite or Google Apps for Work) is the integrated suite of secure, cloud-based collaboration and productivity suite powered by Google AI. It includes productivity apps like Gmail, Calendar, Chat, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Keep, Slides, Meet, and many more.
3 Important developments
This new Google Workspace reflects a more integrated and connected experience.
- integrated user experience: will help businesses to collaborate more efficiently & let your remote workers connect with your office workers.
- the new brand identity reflects Google’s vision and the way their solutions work together
- Solutions tailored specifically to the unique needs of a broad range of users
New brand identity
In addition to the rebranding of name, the launch of a new set of logos & icons, and pricing changes, Google has also added some new plans for SMB’s and enterprise.
Some apps got fresh new four-color icons. These icons represent Google’s commitment to build an integrated collaboration experience for everyone.
Giving businesses more options with new Google Workspace pricing plans
Below are the different pricing plans for Small-medium business & enterprises:
- Business Starter is the starter plan for SMB’s with less than 300 users. It starts at $6/month.
- Business Standard is the perfect plan for businesses that need more cloud storage and support for larger meetings. This plan starts at $12/user/month.
- Business Plus is a newly added plan offering 5 TB Cloud storage and more enhanced capabilities. This plan costs $18/user/month & includes security features and compliance tools like Google Vault and mobile device management features.
- Business Enterprise: Organizations with more than 300 employees that require enhanced enterprise-grade security, additional productivity features, administrative controls, and compliance features over the apps used in the company.
Business Starter, Business Standard, and Business Plus plans are SMB plans and are available for companies with less than 300 users. For businesses with more than 300 users, enterprise plans are available.
Old Brand, New name, more features
Google Workspace has brought the G Suite productivity tools into a unified and collaborated experience. Google is also adding some new features to reduce switching between Google apps and tabs & to boost remote collaboration.
Let’s take a look at some newly added features:
- Smart chips: when a Google Workspace user mentions someone in a document, a popup display will display details providing context and suggested actions such as sharing the document or create a task.
- Picture-in-picture tools for video conferencing in Google Meet, Google’s video conferencing application, while collaborating on a Doc, Sheet, or Slide (coming soon).
- Create & edit documents from a Chat room without even switching tabs (coming very soon). This feature makes it easier to share documents, content & work with anyone outside your organization.
- As a user, you’re now capable to see a preview of links you add to your files, instead of having to click through.
Enterprise-Grade Security features in Google Workspace
Some new security features have been added to Google Workspace:
- Audit logging
- New classification
- Detection capabilities in Google Meet to prevent abusive or notorious users from disrupting meetings.
- Automatic classification of spammy Chat rooms
- Data protection insights for Gmail
- Redesigned rules page in the Google Workspace admin console
Ready to get started with Google Workspace?
Read more: Top 10 Google G Suite Reseller India
Building a more collaborated and connected world, for today and the future, is more important than ever. Google’s recent announcement of Google Workspace brings in a new era of how we work today and offers an integrated user experience of communication & collaboration tools with the new Google Workspace.
One CommentLeave a Reply
Pingback:5 Human Resources Operations Simplified By HRMS Software