Thunderbird is an open-source freeware email client, which provides email and chats functionality to users. Thunderbird supports Mbox and Maildir files.
Thunderbird does not show its extension in the mailbox but it uses the MBOX file format by default to save your mailbox item. While PST used in Outlook is used to save mailbox items. Both files are very different from each other, on one hand where Thunderbird stores the message and attachments in the plain text file, while PST structure collects mail, contact, notes, calendar, etc. items.
In this article, we are going to know about the migration from Thunderbird to PST Outlook files, before talking about it, see some facts about PST.
What is a Microsoft PST file?
PST stands for Personal Storage Table which allows the user to store Microsoft Outlook mailbox data. It stores mailbox data in .pst format with attachments, contacts, calendar, notes, etc. in online mode. Once it is created on the local system, the user can share it with co-workers and team members. We can also say that it is a portable file and can be easily transferred to any local system.
Why Thunderbird to PST conversion is required?
You know about Thunderbird and MS Outlook whose file formats do not have the same data structure. Why is this conversion needed? Also, MS Outlook is a sophisticated email client which offers some features which are rarely seen in other email clients –
- It can save the entire data into a single file.
- Outlook applications can also be used on Windows and Android phones.
- Time Zone, Meeting Place, Anti-spam, Sticky note
- More secure and safe than Thunderbird
How to export Thunderbird manually in PST?
The below method helps any user to import Thunderbird email to PST format. If you are unable to follow the manual process then you can jump to the third-party tool or next method.
- Launch Thunderbird App and open the folder that you want to export.
- Select the email or press CTRL + A for complete email messages.
- Right-click the selected email and save the location to save it at a convenient location.
- Now, turn on your Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the folder and press the “New Folder”.
- Enter a name in the “name” section to create a new folder.
Note: The new folder you created should be empty.
- Select your email exported from your Thunderbird app.
- Drag the messages to your Microsoft Outlook App folder to import into the new folder created earlier.
- Now, after imports, you can easily see your email.
Note: new version of MS Outlook does not allow the user to import Thunderbird data files directly.
Major drawbacks of manual methods
Manual processing can only be useful in a limited number. If you have large or bulk emails to migrate, then the manual method fails.
- Due to pulling and leaving email messages, it takes a long time to transform manually.
- Email often loses your specific SMTP header.
- Anyone can not be sure that each email has been migrated or not.
- The loss of your data may also be a threat.
Since there are many disadvantages of manual methods, therefore, Thunderbird in Outlook is often advised to use third-party tools to change in PST.
Best Thunderbird to PST conversion tool
MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Outlook Converter is a certified and professional tool to migrate mailbox in Outlook PST data files. Using this app, a novice user can also export Thunderbird emails to PST format with full accuracy. The software also provides Thunderbird backup in PST, EML, MSG, HTML, MHTML & RTF format.
- This GUI tool is easy to use for technical and non-technical users.
- It performs single or multiple mailbox conversion from Thunderbird to PST.
- This time-saving tool comes with an email filter option by which a user can transfer sort emails from Thunderbird to PST.
- It is capable to convert Thunderbird to PST, EML, MSG, HTML, MHTML & RTF format i.e complete Thunderbird backup software.
- Date filter allows migrating data between two different periods without any loss.
- Allow creating a single or separate PST file for all Thunderbird emails.
- Support all Windows and Microsoft Outlook editions of 32 & 64 bits.
This portable tool is completely secure and safe to transfer Thunderbird data to PST for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2010, 2013 & other earlier versions.
In the above article, we have discussed many topics like the difference between Thunderbird and PST, the feature of Thunderbird and Outlook PST file, the method to convert PST to Thunderbird, and manual loss. So I hope this article will help you to solve your Thunderbird to PST migration problem. You can use the given method as per your requirement and OR use the free demo of third-party solutions first.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!