There will be occasions when you need to complete a mailbox migration between Office 365 tenants and need to keep your domain at business merger time. It means decommissioning the domain on the current tenant and moving it to a new one. The steps to accomplishing this task are outlined below.
Since Microsoft does not allow a domain to operate on more than one tenant at a time, this form of Office 365 to Office 365 migration can result in some downtime. It is important to keep the workers updated on what’s going on, including timeframes and planned downtime.
What options to choose for Office 365 to Office 365 migration?
There are various techniques to migrate mailboxes from the source Office 365 tenant to the target tenant. Now, you need to make a plan migration strategy that suits your organization size, business setup.
The most common migration strategy used by many businesses are cutover and staged migration. Let’s take a quick review of how these methods work for Office 365 to Office 365 migration.
Throughout a weekend, you migrate all in a single pass. It is the most easygoing technique to execute. You begin mailbox migration after switching your MX records to point to the new framework.
- It is a strategy to move the entire company at one time.
- If required, the users can also combine pre-staging with the cutover migration.
- This approach will take up to a week to migrate emails, calendars, and contacts. Then, run the fast delta pass to migrate the remaining items on the day of your cutover.
It allows the mailbox migration in batches that last over a couple of weeks to several months. This method is useful whenever you need to migrate a large amount of data, and you had estimated that the migration could last for more than a week time.
These methods are complex and more time-consuming, so to avoid the complexity, it’s better to go with the professional third-party Office 365 to Office 365 migration tool.
Shoviv Office 365 Migration tool – A professional tool for easy Office 365 to Office 365 migration
Shoviv Office 365 migration software is a third-party tool that allows users to migrate their mailboxes from one Office 365 account to another. You can easily migrate entire mailboxes from one Office 365 mailbox to another Office 365 mailbox using this program without any technical expertise or assistance.
Quickly check-out the most prominent feature of the tool:
- The tool is built-up with a user-friendly and suitable GUI that makes the tools working easier, even for a non-technical user.
- It provides you the advanced option like folder mapping and email translation. The feature to translate email comes in handy at times of migration mailboxes from source to destination.
- This software allows you to preview the added mailboxes, which comes in handy to get assurance, about the added data.
Download the free evaluation version of the tool to ensure the tool’s workings. This software allows to migration first 50 items/folder from the source Office 365 account to another.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!